Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, 1937

In 1937, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was the highest grossing film at that time, earning $8 million. In 2008, the American Film Institute's list of 100 greatest American films named it the greatest American film of all time.

It was the first full-length feature animated film in all of history. It was also Disney's first full-length film.

Now Disney is the largest media conglomerate in the world.

Whatever your personal opinions are about Snow White, you cannot deny that it made history.

On another note, what most people remember about the film is Snow White herself and the Seven Dwarves. But I think that the evil queen is a very overlooked and interesting character.




She obviously comes from a place of sadness and hurt. I would say that I wished we dove more into her back story, but luckily we get to do that with ABC's Once Upon a Time (which is also owned by Disney).

I thought it would be fun to tap into her feelings and emotions and emulate her story with modern day clothing.





Why does the Rexburg weather allow me to wear a leather jacket at the end of June? Don't ask me, but I'm not complaining... :)

Is anyone else thinking about Disney a lot lately?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun post! Snow White has always been my favorite :) Guess what I am going to Disneyland at the end of the summer to run the Disney Half! I am so excited!! Also I should tell you that Once Upon a Time is like my all time favorite show. We are both Disney fanatics apparently, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaat! I am so jealous! And I definitely thought about you while I was doing this. I remember you saying that Snow White is your favorite :)

      And yes, Once Upon a Time is my favorite show too! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

      Delete