Sunday, June 22, 2014

"Orange is the happiest color." -Frank Sinatra

Happy sunday, everyone! Today I was thinking about my favorite music artist of all time, 
Frank Sinatra.


Orange can be an intimidating color to wear, because it is so bright! So I had some help from the most famous 1950's actress of all time...Marilyn Monroe!

In Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Marilyn Monroe plays Lorelei Lee, a beautiful and ditzy blonde who is looking for a rich man to marry. It isn't until the end of the movie that we find out she's a very intelligent woman who has been tricking everyone to get what she wants!



When doing a monochromatic color scheme, especially a color that is very bright, it is important to keep the accessories minimal. Marilyn may have been able to get away with it in the movies, but it doesn't really work for a normal Sunday!






I wore an orange top with an orange skirt, and a black skinny belt that I tied in a knot (I haven't done that in a while-it felt good! :)) and I had my usual pearl studs and a rose gold watch, all tied together with my nude pumps.

Wearing orange today made me feel so happy, so Frank Sinatra is right! Boom!

Happy sunday everyone, thanks for stopping by! :)

xoxo Miranda

2 comments:

  1. Orange is also associated with movement. The more "orange" it is, the more kinetic the feeling. Thus, the existence of "racing orange". Great blog, Miranda!

    ReplyDelete