Sunday, June 29, 2014

Clara Bow, 1927

Hello, friends. And a happy sunday to you, too!

Clara Bow was the first "It Girl" in America. She was the leading sex symbol of the 1920's. She rose to fame because of her acting in silent movies.

She also had a keen sense of individualism. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"I'm a curiosity in Hollywood. I'm a big freak, because I'm myself!" and

"We had individuality. We did as we pleased. We stayed up late. We dressed the way we wanted. I used to whiz down Sunset Boulevard in my open Kissel, with several red Chow dogs to match my hair. Today, they're sensible and end up with better health. But we had more fun."

I only have one picture of her today with Chester Conklin. This is the only picture of this particular outfit that I just loved:


I just love her animal sweater with a skirt and socks. She is such an individual!

I have my own animal sweater and my own skirt, too!






I was smiling so much in these photos, because this sweater makes me so happy. I know it's weird, and I think I am the only one who likes it, but...since it makes me happy, I decided to wear it!

I really think that we should all embrace who we are, and not be ashamed of it. Personally, I would rather have people dislike me for who I honestly am than have them like me for something I am not. Being genuine with myself is important for personal peace.

So, let's all be like Clara Bow! Wait, what? I mean, we should all be individuals. Don't be afraid to be a freak. It just might make you famous!

Thanks so much for stopping by! :)

xoxo Miranda

2 comments:

  1. I am just eating this blog up!! Love it Miranda! You are a true gem so keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hannah! I appreciate your support!! :)

      Delete