Friday, January 9, 2015

Katharine Hepburn, circa 1940's

Who doesn't love a photo of Katharine Hepburn with a leopard?


Straight class.

I honestly don't know the story behind this picture. Does anyone know? If you know, I would love for you to tell me. Was it a promotional movie photo? A modeling shot? I don't know! All I know is this is a great picture.






The details for this outfit are pretty straightforward. The leopard print gloves match the leopard in the picture, and I am wearing a shawl collared coat similar to Ms. Hepburn.

I absolutely adore the elegance that a huge collar brings. It draws all of the attention up to your face, like a frame. Camel colored coats are also very in vogue at this moment. They're very chic.

And of course, I couldn't go without my cat watch.

Meow.

For my Communications major, I am working on the campus newspaper. I'm working in the News part of the newspaper (as opposed to Sports, Arts & Entertainment, Campus, etc.). I'm kind of stressing because I need three different interviews and that means that I have to come up with interview questions. I also have to write in AP style, which is way different than the MLA format that I grew up using.

Despite this, I'm actually kind of excited for it. When I took the Writing for Communications class, I remember that my favorite part was interviewing people when we went to Yellowstone as a class. Maybe this will be similar?

Anyway, if any of you guys have story ideas, LET ME KNOW. 

I'm hoping that I get to write a lot about crime. I know that sounds weird, but I've been watching a lot of Criminal Minds lately and although I think it is awful, it is definitely interesting to read. Does that make me weird?

Happy friday!

xoxo
Miranda

2 comments: