Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Holiday Inn, 1942

Happy holidays, everyone!

It's good to be back. In case you were wondering, I had a lot of stuff going on the end of the year. I had: the end of my internship, finals for my online classes, the end of working (so I tried to work as much as I could), and my family coming over to visit. 

Fortunately, though, I am back at school and we are back in business!

Anyone who knows me quite well (which is admittedly, very few people), will know that my all-time favorite Christmas movie is Holiday Inn

This movie is very underrated. I don't think people talk about it enough. Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire both star in it. Crosby leaves show business to open an inn that is only open on holidays, and he and Astaire both fall for the same woman who works there. It is so fun!


There is no particular look that I chose to recreate in this movie. I just liked the overall elegance and wholesomeness that is associated with the 1940's. Especially the red lip. Gosh, I love a red lip.



You guys. I am so excited about my classes this semester. I'm taking a bunch of Communications classes and a Textiles class. I'm going to learn how to SPIN on a SPINNING WHEEL. What? Apparently they just keep one in the building. It's just sitting back there.

The other Communications classes seem really interesting, too. They are going to be very applicable for my dream gig, which is to be a buyer for a really nice department store. For those of you who don't know, a buyer is the person who chooses and buys the merchandise that is sold in a store, or anywhere else. They have to keep up on the trends and make correct predictions of what will sell. 

I also applied for a Nordstrom's Internship that will be during the summertime. If you ask me, I would LOVE to work for Nordstrom. They are one of the leading fashion companies in the world and they are on the Top 100 list of companies to work for. I'm really excited.

Also, in case you're wondering, the watch I am wearing IS in fact a cat. It has ears and whiskers. You can find it at Charming Charlie's.

And I did cut my hair. I cut it off. It wasn't a trim. No. It was a CHOP. It took me a while to get used to it, but I really like it now. You know, it's funny how many emotions are tied to a woman's hair. Men don't experience the same emotional bonds with their hair. It is so freeing to be able to say: "I can still be a feminine woman with short hair. My hair does not change my femininity." Although, I would say that I feel prettier with this short hair. So basically I love it. 

I was going to show you guys some pictures of the snow, but it hasn't snowed yet. Not that I'm complaining, I'm much more comfortable driving on pavement than straight ice. But it will snow this weekend, and I'll be sure to keep you updated on what my life looks like.

Have a good first week of 2015! DO NOT forget about your New Year Resolutions! Although I already have, so hey, who am I to judge.

xoxo 
Miranda

P.S. If you're looking for a laugh, check out this guy's blog. I started reading it consistently last week and I haven't stopped laughing since.

No comments:

Post a Comment