Sunday, July 6, 2014

Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1961

We all know Breakfast at Tiffany's as Audrey Hepburn's most identifiable role. This film is so significant that in 2012, it was deemed as "culturally, historically, and aesthetically significant" by the United States Library of Congress. It was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry.

It was nominated for five different Academy Awards. Best Actress for Audrey Hepburn, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Art Direction, and Best Original Score and Best Original Song for the song "Moon River."




I love the beginning of the film. It starts out with a cab pulling up to Tiffany's in New York City. A young woman gets out of the cab, and eats a pastry and drinks coffee as she lovingly gazes into the windows full of sparkles and jewels.

Her dress is possibly the most iconic dress of all time. It was designed by Givenchy (pronounced Gee-vohn-chee). When it was first designed, it showed too much of Audrey Hepburn's leg, and was deemed unsuitable for the screen. So Edith Head, my favorite designer, redesigned the bottom half.

I love how Audrey's delicate shoulder blades and slender frame fit inside this dress. It's easy to see why this particular dress is considered the epitome of all elegance.

Audrey Hepburn and I do not have much in common, except for loving elegance. We are built very differently, so what is beautiful on her will not look the same on me. I decided to use a dress that is flattering for me and closer to my personal style, but still elegant.






I bought this dress from New York and Company a few months ago. I love it! It is flattering on every woman that wears it. It's not that expensive, either. So if you can find it, then I HIGHLY recommend that you purchase it. You won't regret it! :)

A big thanks to Alpine Jewellers for being conveniently located. There is no Tiffany's in Rexburg yet, I can't imagine why.. ;).

There is only about three weeks of school left, so everyone is getting very busy. Megan, my photographer, is in a huge dance festival called Summerfest! She's very excited about it.

My weeks coming up are going to be crazy, too. I'm helping plan the BYU-Idaho Fashion Show and starting to work for Mary Kay. That is not including finals. Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

xoxo Miranda





6 comments: